1. WHAT WE COLLECT
The information we collect and the purposes for which we use it will depend on how you interact with us. For example, we collect information from you when you use any features in the Services; subscribe to our publications, newsletters, and other content; register for or order any of our Services; participate in a community forum, surveys or contest; and communicate with us or browse the Services.
When you use the Services, you may provide us the following:
- Registration, Subscription or Contact Information: e-mail address, name, phone number, shipping address, and billing information
- Customer service information: questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms, by email, over the phone, or by post; and summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with customer care
- Demographic and interest information: your age, date of birth, gender, interests, lifestyle information, and hobbies
- Financial and transactional information: credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date, to process payments and information about your transactions and purchases with us. Please note: payment information goes to our payment processors and is not collected, processed, or stored by P & K Media Corporation.
- Employment or Education Information: when you register or sign up for events such as education history, employment experience, business contact information
- User-generated content: comments on articles, photos, videos, audio, any information you submit in public forums or message boards, reviews and feedback or testimonials you provide about our Services
- Survey, market research or sweepstakes information (including contact information and user generated content)
- Contact Information about others, (including personal identifiers) such as name and mailing address to send a gift.
- Social media information: if you link your account or access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in, we may have access to any information you provide to that social network depending on your privacy settings
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including:
- Device information and identifiers: computer or mobile device model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type, language, and settings, and device type and settings
- Usage information: information about the Services you use, the time, date, and duration of your use of the Services, referral information, your interaction with content offered through the Services, search terms used, our referring website, and software crash reports. We also collect information stored using cookies, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technologies set on your device. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Services. We may collect such usage information at the individual or aggregate level. See our Cookies Policy section for more information about how we collect and use this information
- Location information: city, state and PIN code associated with your IP address and precise geolocation information from your devices, with your permission in accordance with your mobile device settings
Information we receive from third parties.
We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we receive from or about you, including
- Information from social media networks: When you interact with us through a social media service or log in using social media credentials, depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that social network such as your social media account ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, your profile picture, email address, friends list or information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
- Information from third party subscription providers and/or processors: When you purchase one of our subscription products on a third-party services or stores subscription (including the Apple Store), we receive personal information from the third parties that help us process subscriptions. Please note that P & K Media Corporation does not receive (or collect, process, or store) any payment card industry (“PCI”) data.
- Information from publicly or commercially available sources: We may collect information from third parties such as consumer data resellers that make available information, collected both online and offline, such as demographic information, additional contact information, group affiliations, occupational information, and educational background, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
- Information from our affiliates: We may receive information from within our group of affiliated companies
Other information we collect.
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your experience in using the Services
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your information to help us personalize and continually improve your experience using the Services:
- To provide the Services, for example, to
- process and fulfill your transactions, including subscriptions or memberships,
- enable you to login to the Services,
- send you communications about the Services, communications you request, including newsletters, respond to your comments, inquiries, or requests; and legal notices, policy updates, and other important information about the Services,
- provide features of the Services (such as social sharing and comments) and post content you submit,
- administer loyalty programs, contests, promotions or survey
- to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or may be fraudulent, illegal; to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of P & K Media Corporation, its employees, agents, or users; or as required by law.
- Deliver personalized content and recommendations, for example, to
- customize certain features of the Services,
- deliver relevant content and to provide you with an enhanced experience based on your activities and interests
- send you personalized newsletters, surveys, and information about products, services and promotions offered by us, our partners, and other organizations with which we work
- facilitate the delivery of targeted advertising (including interest-based advertising), promotions, and offers, on behalf of ourselves and our third-party advertisers, both on our websites and elsewhere
- customize content that our third-party partners deliver on the Services (e.g., personalized third-party advertising) based on your activity on the Services
- create and update inferences and profiles about you that can be used for advertising and marketing on the Services, third party services and platforms, and mobile apps, or for analytics,
- measure and report on the delivery of advertisements
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
As described below, our information-sharing practices vary based on the type of information and the type of recipient
We share information within our affiliated companies.
- Service providers
We share information with third party agents and vendors perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content management tools, social media integration, marketing, analytics, product development or support, sending email or text messages, billing or payment processing, fulfilling orders, delivering subscriptions, auditing, and customer service. These entities will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality (as appropriate for the services) and security of that personal information.
- Third party content or advertising partners
- Social media platforms
- Other users of the services
If you use certain features of the Services that give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. such as community forums, chats, submitting a letter to the editor, any information you choose to submit, including your name, user name, location, email address, profile information, and comments, may be publicly available. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit and make public.
- Business transfer or change
In the event of a corporate change in control (for instance, a sale or merger) or due diligence in contemplation thereof, P & K Media Corporation may transfer your personal information to the new party in control or the party acquiring assets
The Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties, which operate pursuant to their respective privacy policies.
4. COOKIES POLICY
Some of our advertisers occasionally serve you cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail marketing messages and newsletters by following the instructions contained within the emails and newsletters, or by e-mailing, calling or writing us at the address mentioned below.
6. INFORMATION SECURITY AND NOTIFICATION
Because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, Service Provider cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers or databases, and by using the Website you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you use the Website. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you by e-mail (provided we have your e-mail address).
In case of any grievances we encourage you to contact our coordinator at the below address:
P & K Media Corporation,
692/6A, Kannadasan Street,
Madurai – 625020